We are proud to work delivering teacher training in West Berkshire with the OTT SCITT as their West Berkshire Hub.
OTT SCITT is a dynamic, schools-led organisation that is committed to delivering exceptional and inspiring Initial Teacher Training programmes.
They work with nursery, primary, special and secondary schools across Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Berkshire and are led by a dedicated central team.
In May 2023 they were graded as Outstanding in all areas of their provision in their second Ofsted ITT inspection.
Training with us in the West Berkshire Hub allows you to be based for your training in a school in West Berkshire
Find out more about the OTT SCITT and the training programme here
Out of our recent trainees…
felt well prepared for their first teaching job
would recommend this programme to others
felt that the programme had met their expectations
were employed within West Berkshire Schools
We aim to provide a programme which has at its heart 3 main objectives.
It is a programme which is:
- Highly professional
Every part of the programme is aimed at preparing you to be the best teacher possible. Immersion into the life of the teacher and daily exposure to outstanding practice and teachers ensures you have the best possible opportunity. We are looking for trainees who display the potential to become outstanding teachers of the future.
- Of consistent high quality
Central leadership of the programme, efficient communication between all members of the partnership and guaranteed placements within our schools ensure a high degree of consistency of provision through quality mentoring, and coaching and professional development.
- Personal to you
Accurate assessments allow us to provide a differentiated training programme that not only builds on your previous experiences but also supports your specific needs and areas of development. Thoughtful and professional support and training ensure you receive relevant and timely professional development and classroom strategies. That means you won’t be teaching classes unsupported until you are ready
Learning from a variety of teachers from different subject/specialisms, giving us a range of ideas to utilize within the classroom.
What makes us different?
- The OTT SCITT is an outstanding teacher training provider
- This is an exciting opportunity to train to teach with a highly successful group of schools that make up the West Berkshire Hub of the OTT SCITT, located in the beautiful county of West Berkshire but close to Oxford, Reading, Winchester and London.
- A wide spectrum of high achieving schools ensure a good range of opportunities including a secondary or primary placement for all trainees.
- Our course leads to both QTS and PGCE – professional qualifications are awarded by the OTT SCITT as an accredited ITT provider so you get the best of both worlds – high quality school led training quality assured by a renowned ITT provider. In addition, our programme is flexible – you have a choice. If you feel the PGCE / QTS route is not for you, you can opt to take just QTS.
- Our training programme is just the first step on your teaching career. There is a complete programme of training for your career development offered in West Berkshire from Early Career Teacher (ECT) to becoming a member of a Senior Leadership team, if you have the right skills.
- School-led courses have very high rates of employment and, above all, of trainee satisfaction.
There are further FAQs on teacher training available here.
For more information about our training placements you can also contact us through our website or the OTT SCITT website or call Mandy Alexander on 01635 270096.
Contact us using the form below.