The Downland Alliance aims to support any school to raise standards and improve outcomes for students, building overall sustainable school improvement in the longer term. This is a "by schools for schools" model and support is provided by senior and middle leaders from a wide range of school settings as well as from our Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) and National Leaders of Education (NLEs).
We broker and deliver support for schools within the local area in a variety of ways, always focussed on the needs of individual schools and their staff, drawing on a wide range of school and non-school based expertise from both Secondary and Primary phases. We have a great deal of expertise in every area from improving the quality of teaching, to leadership coaching, behaviour management, policies and systems, data and tracking, curriculum design, timetabling, financial management, and individual subject support. We offer highly tailored sessions for schools who are striving to improve teaching and learning and a proven track record of success.
Support can involve a single visit by a single person or stretch over a longer period of time with several people involved depending on need. The whole process is collaborative and impact is measured regularly as well as at the end.
Some examples of how we can help
- By addressing weaknesses identified by Ofsted by providing additional leadership capacity to improve the quality of teaching and learning in specific subjects; year groups or with individual teachers
- By raising attainment and standards by supporting leaders to close the gap for identified vulnerable and underachieving groups
- By assisting a school in developing and implementing policies designed to bring about school improvement
- By bringing about improvements in the data analysis undertaken by schools
Please click here to contact us if you are interested in working with one of our Specialist or National Leaders of Education.
Our Specialist and National Leaders of Education
Specialist and National Leaders of Education are deployed under the supervision and direction of the Teaching School Director and senior leadership teams from schools within the Downland Alliance.
The rigorous recruitment, training and deployment of SLEs and NLEs is central to providing effective support for schools. Our SLEs are drawn from a range of educational environments and have a proven track record of successful leadership and raising achievement.
National Leaders of Education
|Name||Current Post||School||NLE Designated Specialism|
Specialist Leaders of Education
|Name||Current Post||School||SLE Designated Specialism|
Could you be a Specialist Leader of Education?The Downland Alliance will be recruiting additional Specialist Leaders of Education.
- Are you an outstanding middle and senior leader who has the skills to support individuals or teams in similar positions in other schools?
- Do you understand what outstanding leadership practice in their area of expertise looks like and are skilled in helping other leaders to achieve it in their own context?
If you would like to become an SLE and join our team, then please consider applying when our next recruitment round opens. Details will be posted on this website.