The Downland Teaching School Alliance comprises a number of Primary and Secondary schools from across West Berkshire working together.
Our overall aim
Our core purpose is raising the achievement of all pupils in all schools in the local area by creating a self-sustaining system of school improvement.
Our vision for The Downland Alliance is one in which
- Our schools work together, in an atmosphere of trust and honesty, to support and challenge one another and this results in an increasing number of good and outstanding schools due to the rapid and sustained progress for all students.
- Joint practice development is integral to all teachers, and this work transcends the Alliance, not only drawing on its own expertise but also impacting on all professionals and achieving the moral purpose of benefiting ALL young people regardless of their school. The principle which underpins our work is to capture best practice and share it – always with a focus on impact and on what will make the most difference to the success and opportunities for our pupils.
- Our continuing professional development (CPD) and training for all staff – from our teacher training through to the development of new Senior Leaders and existing Head Teachers, and including support staff, is of the highest quality, meets emerging priorities and career development needs and is focused on pupil outcomes.
- We develop and respond to local and national needs and are at the forefront of the school led system leadership
Join the Downland Alliance
Membership of the Downland Alliance is free.
We aren’t exclusive or elitist. We see great value in the development of collaborative relationships between schools. Working together in partnerships to support and learn with, and from, each other to improve all outcomes across West Berkshire will make a difference.
Join us and become part of shaping the future.
If you would like further information on joining us, school to school support, our CPD programmes or other aspects of the Downland Alliance , please contact Karen McDowell, Director of Teaching School, or Mandy Alexander, Teaching School Manager via our Contact Page
Opportunities to work within the Downland Alliance
The Downland Alliance has a team of Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs). If you would like to join our team, please contact us for details of our current recruitment.
Search our site
- Go home each day knowing you have made a difference!
- We’ve gone virtual!
- We’re recruiting Specialist Leaders In Education!